Friday 13 April 2012

IPL 5: Goswami hopes to relish home conditions


Kolkata: Rajasthan Royals wicketkeeper Shreevats Goswami hopes to relish the 'home conditions' when they take on Kolkata Knight Riders in their Indian Premier League (IPL) match here on Friday. The diminutive Bengal wicketkeeper batsman, who also had a stint with the Kolkata franchise, said that he was happy to share his KKR experience with his Rajasthan teammates.

"I am very hopeful of my performance in this year's IPL. I am used to the conditions and it's like when in Mumbai, Ajinkya Rahane tells us about the conditions there. I'm happy to share my experience with the teammates. I know their gameplan, the conditions etc. Eden is always a bit of slow and turn. I don't think we can expect anything better," he said.
Goswami said he is very lucky to play under Rahul Dravid. "Dravid is a great person and very approachable. He gives space to every cricketer. A lot of people say he doesn't talk much but he gives space to the players," he said. Asked about their decision to field after winning the toss in Mumbai, Goswami said the home side changed the track at the last moment.
"They were rolling the other track and we got to know that they changed the track later on without informing us. We were expecting the ball to turn, that's why we wanted to chase," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment